The McBurney Transport Group has recently introduced Freeway asset management software. As Freeway’s Irish partner for sales and implementation, Genie Insights has guided and supported McBurneys through the implementation process in conjunction with Freeway’s technical support team. This included the following:
- The development of an implementation plan
- Configuration and customisation of the entire system
- The design of a bespoke componentry scheme to facilitate the coding and import of over 4,000 parts in the company’s combined impress and owned inventory stock
- Integration with the company’s existing IT infrastructure, including its transport planning system, vehicle walkaround check application and accounts package.
- Data cleansing and import
- Staff training across two sites
- System testing and on-site technical support at ‘go live’
The live Freeway system is now managing over 1,400 live McBurney Transport Group’s assets, including trucks, trailers, vans and shunters, with extensive vehicle information available for analysis and reporting. Details available include everything from purchase date and horsepower to tyre size and emissions levels and even the asset’s depreciation schedule.
In addition, McBurney Transport Group is now scheduling its 6,000+ annual service checks using Freeway, including truck and trailer OLIs, MOTs, oil changes, tachograph calibrations and fridge motor inspections.
The system has also been introduced to 20 HGV mechanics and trailer fitters across the company’s two maintenance facilities in Ballymena and Liverpool, all of whom are all using the Freeway mobile application for defect recording and for completing inspections.
Planners are now notified of critical defects and service items due or overdue; fitters are automatically notified of defects and job cards automatically generated for rectification work; and all purchase orders, maintenance sales invoices and stock level adjustments are pushed into the company’s accounts package.
“We are really pleased with how the system is working so far. We have found it to be a cost-effective solution and it is surprisingly easy to use, even for those that aren’t particularly experienced in using technology. The back up from both Freeway and Genie Insights has been first-class throughout.”
Pamela McCrea, Finance Director, McBurney Transport Group