I’ve come across many articles that have outlined the various reasons that you should outsource your marketing. I’ve quoted Neil Patel previously who said in his blog post, “78 Marketing Tasks You Should Outsource Immediately”:
Just to be clear, I’m not at all suggesting that those with in-house marketing departments should get rid of their teams and convert to outsourcing. I’m simply suggesting that those that try to do their own marketing should give a marketing freelancer or marketing agency a try.
Why Outsource Marketing?
Outsourced marketing will:
- Free up your time so that you can focus on your core business or what you do best.
- Provide your business with access to specialist knowledge, skills and experience, therefore the quality of output will be improved.
- Be highly results-driven – an external supplier must demonstrate results so there’s no room for complacency.
- Give you access to a wide range of contacts that can take years to build – media contacts for example.
- Keep you up-to-date with the latest trends, tools and practices.
- Offer flexibility to scale your marketing efforts up or down, as and when you need to.
- Provide a fresh perspective on your business and its marketing requirements.
- Improve consistency and clarity across all marketing and communications.
- Mean that projects and campaigns get done more quickly.
- Be cost-effective overall.
The Underrated Reason: Accountability
The above are widely accepted reasons for outsourcing your marketing requirements, but the one thing that is often missed is accountability. And I don’t mean accountability on the external supplier, I mean your own accountability. Investing in a marketing function, whether it is an in-house or external person or team is a significant commitment for any company, so that resource must keep you accountable. That person or team must be the driving force behind your marketing plan. Even with the most comprehensive marketing plan, it is too easy for good intentions to fall by the way-side. The secret to a good outsourced marketer is that they get stuff done! An outsourced marketer will always make sure that your marketing plan has momentum.
Genie Insights offers a range of outsourced marketing services, so whether you need help with creating or implementing a marketing plan or just need someone to keep you accountable, we’re here to help.